The DRBA is governed by the Board of Directors, which:
- Establishes necessary and appropriate rules of order and procedures for operation of the DRBA.
- Selects and administers the work done by the DRBA and makes decisions on behalf of DRBA as a whole.
- Meets periodically to confer about DRBA activities and vet potential DRBA members.
Board of Directors members serve for 2-year terms. All decisions of the Board of Directors are decided by majority vote.
The current members of the DRBA Board of Directors are:
- Lydia X.Z. Brown (Co-Chair)
- Mehgan Sidhu, University of Pennsylvania (Co-Chair)
- Scott LaBarre, LaBarre Law Offices (Vice Chair)
- Michelle Nunez, Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld (Secretary)
- John Waldo, Law Office of John F. Waldo (Treasurer)
Members of the Board of Directors
- Heather Ansley, Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Michael Bien, Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld LLP
- Claudia Center, Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund
- Lia Sifuentes Davis, Disability Rights Texas
- Brian Dimmick, American Civil Liberties Union
- Joseph Espo, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
- James Felakos, Law Office of James Felakos
- Karla Gilbride (Alt Secretary), Public Justice - District of Columbia
- Eve Hill, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
- Jamelia Morgan, University of Connecticut School of Law
- Prianka Nair, Brooklyn Law School
- Julie Nepveu, AARP Foundation Litigation
- Caitlin Parton, Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee
- Victoria Rodríguez-Roldán, AIDS United
- Kenneth Shiotani, National Disability Rights Network
- Ariel Simms, The Arc of the United States
- Tauna Szymanski, Communication First
- Michelle Uzeta, Law Offices of Michelle Uzeta
- Shira Wakschlag, The Arc of the United States