- Profile on the DRBA Members web page
- Participation in the DRBA listserv with leading disability rights lawyers
- Access to DRBA listserv archives
- Access to the DRBA Online Document Bank - briefs, pleadings, memoranda, motions, discovery and other documents by attorneys specializing in disability rights law on a variety of disability rights and related issues
- Priority registration and reduced registration fees for DRBA online and in-person trainings, conferences, and other events
- Priority access and reduced costs for DRBA publications
- Opportunities to collaborate with, support, and mentor other disability rights attorneys through amicus briefs, co-counseling, and public education and advocacy activities
- Early notice of developments in disability rights law
To be eligible for DRBA professional membership, you must:
- Be a lawyer working for a nonprofit organization, private law firm or be a solo practitioner AND be substantially engaged in disability / civil rights work on behalf of plaintiffs or otherwise on behalf of people with disabilities, OR
- Be a law school professor teaching or studying disability civil rights law; AND
- Conduct yourself ethically and professionally in the community at large.
To join the DRBA, please complete and submit the Professional Membership Application Form to DRBAfirstname.lastname@example.org. Your first year’s membership will be free. However, the DRBA bills members per calendar year, not from the month they join.
Professional Membership Fee Structure
- First year free (applies only to new applicants)
- Regular Membership: $100
- Supporting member: $250; recognition on the website.
- Sustaining member: $500 and above; recognition on the website; contributions of $1000 and above will be recognized with a logo on the website.
- Membership begins January 1st of each year.
** Invoices will be sent by email with individual membership account numbers and instructions on how to remit payment.
Online membership payment is now available through PayPal.
Instruction can be found on the Online Membership Payment page.
Law Student Membership
Law Student Membership is free for up to three (3) years. Law Student Members have access to the following membership benefits:
- Early notice of developments in disability rights law.
- Early notice of internship and employment opportunities.
- Opportunities to network with experienced disability rights attorneys in the field.
- Opportunities to collaborate with disability rights attorneys through public education and advocacy activities.
To become a Law Student Member, send a request to join, indicating your name, contact information, law school in which you are enrolled, and intended graduation date, to: DRBAemail@example.com or fax to: fax to: DRBA, 315-443-9725. Expressly state in the Subject Line, “Law Student Request to Join DRBA”.