- Profile on the DRBA’s web page
- Participation in the DRBA’s listserv with leading disability rights lawyers
- Access to DRBA’s quarterly newsletter
- Access to DRBA’s listserv archives
- Access to DRBA’s Online Document Bank – briefs, pleadings, memoranda, motions, discovery and other documents by attorneys specializing in disability rights law on a variety of disability rights and related issues
- Opportunities to collaborate with, support, and mentor other disability rights attorneys through amicus briefs, co-counseling, and public education and advocacy activities
- Early notice of developments in disability rights law
To be eligible for DRBA membership, you must:
- Be an attorney working in the area of Disability Rights Law as a litigator, academic, or policy advocate; OR
- Be a law school professor teaching or studying disability civil rights law; AND
- Conduct yourself ethically and professionally in the community at large.
To join the DRBA, please complete and submit the Membership Application Form to email@example.com. Your first year’s membership will be free. DRBA bills members per calendar year, not from the month they join.
Membership Fee Structure
- First year: Free (applies only to first-time applicants)
- Regular Membership: $100, per individual member.
- Supporting member or organization: $500 or more in membership dues and/or donations – includes name recognition on DRBA’s website.
- Sustaining member or organization: $1000 or more in membership dues and/or donations – includes name recognition and display of firm/organization logo on DRBA’s website.
Invoices for membership dues are sent annually each January by email with instructions on how to remit payment and donation amounts. Fee waivers are available upon showing of need.
Law Student Membership
Law Student Membership is free for up to three (3) years. Law Student Members have access to the following membership benefits:
- Early notice of developments in disability rights law.
- Early notice of internship and employment opportunities.
- Opportunities to network with experienced disability rights attorneys in the field.
- Opportunities to collaborate with disability rights attorneys through public education and advocacy activities.
To become a Law Student Member, send a request to join, indicating your name, contact information, law school in which you are enrolled, and intended graduation date, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: DRBA, 315-443-9725. Expressly state in the Subject Line, “Law Student Request to Join DRBA”.